Browse Categories
Mailing Lists

Below is an alphabetical listing of the items sold by MWI and how these items are measured.  It's paramount that you fully understand these measurements.  If you don't know how to properly "qualify" a customer or understand your product line, you can potentially lose that account and the residual income potential from that account.  So many factors go into the cost of an item, so again, it's paramount that you compare apples to apples at all times.

Adhesives - The standard adhesive used in tape is called an ACRYLIC.  This type of adhesive / glue is used in 90% of all packaging tape.  Some acrylics are water based and some are solvent based.  Acrylic tapes are not the best tapes in the south, due to the heat and humidity.  Acrylic tapes also have a hard time holding on recycled boxes, and with the country trying to go green, many boxes manufactured today are recycled.  The next grade for an adhesive is what's called a HOT MELT.  And this is nothing more than a synthetic rubber adhesive.  This is a great tape and it holds on any type of box... recycled or not.  It's a little more expensive, but well worth the price.  The best tape you can offer is a NATURAL RUBBER.  It's similar to a HOT MELT, but the adhesive is a natural rubber and it holds on contact.  This is the priciest of tape, but again, it's the best you can buy for a carton sealing tape.

Boxes - Boxes come in many forms, sizes and thicknesses.  Moving boxes are set sizes.  A stock box is any box of any shape.  A die-cut box is a box that is a single piece of cardboard that you can fold into a box.  A cubed (cu) box is a box that is equal on all sides, so a 12 x 12 x 12 is considered a cubed box.  Cubed boxes are manufactured from a 4cu all the way up to a 30cu.
  • Always measured in Length x Width x Height ( L x W x H ).  No matter what box you use, stand the box so that the closing flaps (what you tape) is at the top.  Then measure the length of the box.  The length of the box is always the longest side of the box when standing.
  • Measurements are always going to be inside measurements.  Usable space.
  • A box is made of 3 basic parts.  A liner on the inside and outside of the box and a flute, or also known as the medium.  So when you look at a box.  The outer most layer of paper is called a liner, as is the inside of the box.  Between those two liners (basically Kraft paper), that is the medium / flute.
  • Most corrugated boxes used a B flute.  Flutes range from A to E.
  • All boxes are measured in Edge Crush Test (ECT) and a standard moving or shipping box are all 32ECT.  This means how many pounds per square inch that box can support when stacked.  Many companies what's called a 200# Test, which is the same as a 32ECT, with the exception that the liner board might be a heavier gauge paper.
  • All our boxes are 32ECT and single walled.
  • Single walled boxes are made with in inside and outside liner, and one medium or flute in the middle
  • Double walled (DW) boxes are made twice as thick of a single walled box.  Liner + medium + liner + medium + liner with an ECT of 48 or higher.
  • Triple walled (TW) boxes are made three times thicker than a single walled box.  Same as the double walled principle, but with another medium and liner board.
  • DW and TW boxes are double or triple the cost of a single walled box because you're getting two or three times the same materials.
Bubble Wrap - comes in 3 standard sizes.  Small (3/16"), Medium (5/16") and Large (1/2").  This is the size of the bubble from top to bottom, not the diameter of the circle.  The two most popular are the 3/16" and the 1/2" sizes.  99% of all bubble wrap come in a 48" wide roll.  The lengths vary depending on the size of the bubble, but you'll see 188', 125', 250', 375', 500', 750' and 1000'.  These are the lengths of the rolls.  99% of all rolls are perforated at the 12" mark, which is like a paper towel roll in your kitchen.  The SLIT, which confuses many, is where the roll is CUT or SLIT on the 48" width.  Remember, most rolls are 48" wide.  If you want that in two rolls, you will ask for slit 24.  This means a 48" roll is CUT / SLIT down the middle to give you two 24" rolls.  If you want SLIT 12, than that same 48" roll is CUT / SLIT to give you four 12" rolls.  Converters can SLIT as far down as 4" in with, but as a distributor, we are subject to paying extra for custom SLITTING.  So to sum this up, buyers can have a full and UNCUT 48" roll, two 24" rolls or four 12" rolls.  Anti-Static bubble is pink in color and costs approximately 15% over the cost of standard clear bubble wrap.
  • Small Bubble - 3/16", slit 48, 24 or 12
  • Medium Bubble - 5/16", slit 48, 24 or 12
  • Large Bubble - 1/2", slit 48, 24 or 12
Moving Blankets - are measured by the weight of a DOZEN (12EA).  Moving blankets are packaged by the DOZEN, so the heaver the weight of that dozen, the better quality of the moving blanket.  A 45 pound weight is not ideal as the blankets would be very thin.  The ideal weight, and the most popular is a 75# weight per dozen.  When you want to get into super heavy duty, than you're looking at 85# or higher weights per dozen.

Newsprint -  comes in three basic sizes, 10, 25 and 50# packs.  Newsprint is bundled in either a box, mostly for the 10# packs, in a heat sealed protective poly bag, or just folded and tied.  10# packs are generally sold to self-storage and truck rental facilities.  Movers mostly buy the 25# bundles and some may take the 50#.  The 50# bundles are not that popular because it's heavy to carry, and since most packers are female, it's just too large of an item to carry or manage.  The 25# bundle is most popular.  Newsprint paper is based on the weight of the paper.  The higher the weight, the thicker the paper is.  A 30# weight is equivalent to what you get in your morning newspaper, but without the print.  Any packing company, moving company, self-storage facility and/or truck rental company will buy this product.
  • Industry standard size is 24" x 36" ( W x L)
  • Our standard size is 24" x 30"
  • Industry standard paper weight is 30# weight
  • Our standard weight is also 30# weight
  • Our newsprint is packaged in a heat sealed poly film
  • Manufacturers ship pallets with 2000 pounds (80 25# 3-fold bundled)
  • Our pallets are shipped with 1000 pounds (40 25# flat bundles)
Paper Pads -

Protective Films - Carpet protection film, hardwood floor protection film, HVAC protection film, Sticky Mats, and Window protection film.  We sell all these items and we import these items.

Stretch Film - Stretch film, hand film, pallet wrap, pallet tite, or however it's called, is a very popular item and widely used by movers, warehouses, farms, and more.  Stretch film can be complex.  Stretch film is measured in what's call a MILEAGE (MIL), GAUGE (GA), or MICRON (MIC).  This is nothing more than 3 fancy names for the thickness of the film.  The higher the number on the MIL, GA, or MIC, the thicker the film.  A 100 GA is thicker than an 80GA.  A 29 MIC is the equivalent of a 100 GA, and is stronger than a 16 MIC.  Stretch film is also measured by width and length.  Color options vary from clear (most popular), to black, to blue, green, orange, red, yellow and more.  An Opaque color is a color that you can't see through.

  • Extended core - means the inner core is extended approximately 5 inches on one or both sizes of the film.  These are used has handles.
  • Blown film - this is the most popular and the loudest when unwound.
  • Cast film - known as the quiet film, becoming more popular, but to some, not as strong as the blown film.  This is because the adhesive is lighter, which makes the rolls lighter.
  • Hybrid, Steel Flex or Equivalent film - many companies are creating their own variation of films and using their own unique identifiers.  Some manufacture what's called a hybrid film, where the claim it's an equivalent to an 80ga, but it's not a true 80 gauge.  It's just a film that measures equally to that of an 80 gauge.
  • The thicker the GA, MIL or MIC, the less material that comes to a roll.  Most rolls all use the same box, regardless of length.  So four 15" x 1000' higher gauge rolls will most likely be shipped in the same size box that would ship four 15" x 1500' normal gauge rolls.
  • Stretch film is also referred as hand film or machine film.  hand film is what you see sold in cases of 4 rolls and is applied by hand or by human intervention.  Machine film is the same thing, but they come 5000' and larger in length and are used for machines, which wrap pallets by rotating the pallet while the machine goes up and down to wrap the pallet.  Same stuff as the hand films, just in larger roll lengths.
  • Standard stretch film, also known as hand film come 4 rolls per case.
  • Small stretch films, or hand films, such as the 3 and 5" wide rolls, come 12, 15 or 18 rolls per case.
  • Extended core rolls 15" or wider, typically come 4 rolls per case.
Tape - See Adhesives above before continuing.

Shopping Cart
Your cart is empty.
Price Ranges
Search Shopping Lists